California knows how to party, In the city of L.A.

2006 Southern California Trip, Part 2
Originally uploaded by emotional baggage claim.
Here is another montage of Southern California pictures. This is a sample of what I ate in LA and San Diego.
In row one, the first picture is an In-N-Out billboard in Venice Beach. I don't remember ever seeing advertising for In-N-Out so I had to take this picture. The 2nd photo is taken in Little Tokyo of the Shabu-Shabu House. This is a rare sight of this restaurant without a line out the building. It was probably because of the 100 degree heat. It was the start of the heat wave that lasted almost 2 weeks in California. It didn't seem that hot to me because it was 85 degrees and 85% humidity that morning when I left from Chicago. It felt like dry heat to me. My dad flew in from Las Vegas that morning and said it felt humid in LA. My sister drove up from San Diego were the weather it is awlays 70 degrees so it she had it the worst.
The 3rd photo is the Won Kok restaurant and bakery in Chinatown where they have great siu bao. Good thing it isn't Two Kok. I said good thing it isn't Two Kok. Hello, is this microphone on?
In the 2nd row, the 1st picture is the Original Tommy's on Rampart Avenue. The greatest fast food burger. The 2nd photo is the original Rubio's Fish Taco stand in San Diego. This is the fish taco they sold at Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium and now at Petco Park. It's still fast food, but better than Taco Bell. The last photo is Kansas City Barbeque in San Diego where they filmed some scenes for Top Gun. Great BBQ. Kind of funny having to get Kansas style bbq in San Diego.
California food. California love.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home