Monday, August 14, 2006

...bicycle, bicycle I want to ride my bicycle


20060812_DSC_4825
Originally uploaded by emotional baggage claim.

This weekend, I watched the inaugural Tour of Elk Grove. It was supposed to be the first US race for Floyd Landis after his win at the Tour De France, but he seems to be having problems with his urine samples.

There were three other riders who participated in this years tour; Christian Vandevelde, who is from Lemont, Dave Zabriskie, and Chris Horner. Zabriskie crashed out on lap 2. Horner was active at the start, but wasn't able to do much after 4 riders broke away. Vandevelde led the breakaway. With two laps to go Christian went away on his on, but one rider from the break was able to catch up and eventually beat him at the line.

It's amazing how fast these guy can go. When I was standing next to the barrier near the finish line, I could feel the breeze of the peleton as they zipped by at +35 mph. It was an exciting race. Hope they keep this race on the calendar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home