I can change the world with my own two hands

2006 Southern California Trip, Part 3
Originally uploaded by emotional baggage claim.
This is the third and final montage of pictures taken last month in LA and San Diego.
The pictures in the first row were taken at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in LA. The second row pictures were taken in San Diego.
I wasn't expecting to take such atmospheric photos, but I wasn't planning on taking these pictures anyway. We went to the cathedral because it's around the corner from Chinatown and my sister who's been there a couple of times, said it was a nice place to visit. The Carillon Gate, votive candles and statue of Our Lady of Angels are basic photos, but they work well in this layout.
The palm tree is a ubiquitous sight in So Cal, but it's difficult to take different looking pictures. The twisting row of trees in the second row, looked unique enough and I'm happy with the result. The two palm trees taken at an angle were illuminated by street lights. I braced the camera against the car door and got this lucky shot.
The middle picture in the second row is the Mt. Soledad Cross in La Jolla. This picture was also taken the same night as the La Jolla palm tree photos. Mt. Soledad is the highest point in the San Diego area along the coast. You have to go miles inland or up north toward Oceanside to find a higher point. Earlier in the day I went biking from the beach area to the 800ft peak. It took 35 minutes to climb the 3.5 miles and only 7 minutes to go back down. Then after dinner later that night I made my sister drive up to Mt. Soledad to figure out my mileage. One of the coolest bike rides ever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home