Stupid squared
Today I saw one of the stupidest things in my life. I was walking up Michigan Avenue in Chicago and saw a Ferrari idling about a block north of the Apple store with its hazards on. The driver was probably at an ATM or ducking into one of the stores. Now before I go off on a long rant about how this person has this car just for show and doesn't deserve to own a Ferrari, I saw another stupid thing another block north.
So I'm waiting for the light to turn green to cross the street, when an idiot in a van runs the light. I look to my left and a pedestrian had made it halfway into the crosswalk. It looked like the van was going to hit him so I yelled at the guy to look out. The man had headphones on so I'm not sure if he heard me, but I think he caught the van out of the corner of him eye and stopped in his tracks. The van swerved just a little bit and missed the guy by inches. The way the driver was speeding along, I have the feeling that he would have ran if he hit the guy. It's stupid stuff like this that reminds me why I've taken CPR and first aid classes. You never know when you have to use that knowledge.
So I'm waiting for the light to turn green to cross the street, when an idiot in a van runs the light. I look to my left and a pedestrian had made it halfway into the crosswalk. It looked like the van was going to hit him so I yelled at the guy to look out. The man had headphones on so I'm not sure if he heard me, but I think he caught the van out of the corner of him eye and stopped in his tracks. The van swerved just a little bit and missed the guy by inches. The way the driver was speeding along, I have the feeling that he would have ran if he hit the guy. It's stupid stuff like this that reminds me why I've taken CPR and first aid classes. You never know when you have to use that knowledge.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home