Guacamole isn't dangerous, it's silly

If you didn't catch the reference to the title of yesterday's blog, it was a quote from the first Richard Daley. "The police are not here to create disorder, they're here to preserve disorder" was his famous quote from the 1968 Democratic convension.
His son, Richard M. Daley has had some funny rants over the years. One was about nine years ago when the electric company was having problems restoring power during a heat wave and he just went off. He was stuttering and sputtering and I thought his head was going to explode.
After 9/11, a green substance was found on the sidewalk and people freaked out. It turned out to be guacamole and Mayor Daley said "Guacamole is not dangerous. It's good for you. People have to start calming down." I think he pronounced it glockamole.
Last fall at a press conference, he was asked about staffing on the Skyway toolbooth and the city council banning the sale of duck liver; “ I’m caught in traffic as much as anyone else. It’s the silliest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. It really is silly. It’s silly, silly, silly. It is just silly. Silliness. It is silly. Completely silly…You’ve been on [the Skyway]. Come on. It’s silly…You know me. That is the silliest thing I’ve ever heard.I think that was one of the silliest, silliest decisions anyone made, to outlaw foie gras.
That was just a portion of the silliness. New City has more from that press conference right here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home